IFIP-ICTSS is a well established conference where researchers, developers, testers, and users from industry get together to present and discuss the most recent innovations, experiences and open challenges related to testing software and systems and measuring software quality. The 32nd edition will also encourage the submission of research works and the discussion on security testing, with particular attention to continuous security assessment, security review, certification compliance and penetration testing techniques and methodologies.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Aspects of testing: test derivation, test selection, test generation, test coverage, test concretization, test implementation and execution, test result analysis, test oracle, verdict computation, test management, active testing and passive testing, monitoring and runtime verification.
- Theoretical approaches: formalisms (such as automata, state machines, process algebra, logics, Markov-chains…), testing frameworks, results for compositionality, refinement, soundness and completeness, addressing complex systems, heterogeneous or hybrid systems.
- Modelling languages (such as UML, MATLAB, Simulink, Modelica…) and associated tooling for model-based testing: test generation from models, model-based oracles. Scalability, traceability, quantification issues.
- Automated support of any parts of the testing activities, testing processes, test-driven development, sound metrics and measurements.
- Testing of quality aspects: Functional, interoperability, unit, integration, performance, load, conformance, non-regression, reliability, robustness.
- Security Testing: methodologies and techniques for continuous security assessment, security monitoring, security review, penetration testing, verification of certification compliance; automation of security testing processes.
- Cross domains and combination of techniques: using other techniques such as proof, model-checking, symbolic execution, abstract interpretation, static analysis, simulation, model learning, machine learning, expert systems, neural networks, genetic algorithms… to improve quality and reduce the
effortin testing processes.
- Dedicated approaches to test protocols, middleware, networks, wireless applications, control systems, software product lines, AI applications etc.
- Application aspects and case studies: Communicating systems such as
cyberphysicalsystems, systems of systems, embedded systems, web services systems, smart grids, cloud computing systems, business information systems, real-time systems, distributed and concurrent systems. Case studies and industrial applications involving qualified empirical evaluations.
Call For Workshops
The IFIP-ICTSS 2020 Workshop Chairs welcome proposals for workshops to be held during the Conference.
We seek for Workshops on timely topics and applications of System Testing, Quality Assurance and Quality Control. They are expected to provide a forum for active exchange of ideas and experiences.
Each Workshop proposal will be assessed for its scientific content, proposed structure and overall relevance. Workshop organizers will be responsible for inviting speakers and ensuring their participation, submission and review of papers, and structuring leading discussion sessions.
Workshop papers will be included in the IFIP-ICTSS 2020 proceedings.
The workshop proposals should be submitted to prof. Roberto Nardone (email@example.com) by July 31st, 2020.
- July 31, 2020
- August 1, 2020 – Deadline for abstract submission
- September 1, 2020 – Deadline for submission of full and short papers
Notification to authors:
- September 18, 2020
- October 5, 2020